Sunday, December 21, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday Bella!!

Yesterday I had the joy of celebrating one of my grandchildren's birthdays. Those who have been my blogging friends since I started this blog back in 2011 will know how wonderful and meaningful this is!!

The last month has involved a miraculous reconciliation with my daughter-in-law, Angie, and getting to know my 3 gorgeous grandchildren.

Yesterday was Annabelle's (affectionately known as "Bella") 3rd birthday. We celebrated in a local park with my daughter-in-law Angie, my son Daniel (Dad to my grandchildren), my youngest son Ben, youngest daughter Bec and, of course, Bella's brother Matty and baby sister Sophia. My oldest daughter Sarah was unable to get time off work.

Here are a few shots I took yesterday. I'm not the best at portrait photography... that is something I need to change!

Birthday girl, Bella (3)

Sophia (13 months) with mummy

Matty (4) with Auntie Bec

Matty: "We have to sing Happy Birthday to Bella!"

Birthday cake made by my talented daughter-in-law

Bella

Bella with Uncle Ben

Sophia... cute as a button, even with a muddy face!!

Matty & Bella... best of friends

To those wondering about the progress of my knee and foot surgery; I am now 3.5 weeks post op, I had a few complications and an over night stay in hospital became a 5 day stay. I have been light weight bearing on my right leg with crutches over the last week, still unable to walk, but hopefully by mid January that will change. I can't drive yet, of course, so I haven't been out capturing landscapes (or wildlife) which, as you know, is my passion. I'm hoping to hobble to a local beach on our trip to the Mornington Peninsula & Melb from Dec 26.


Linking with this meme.

http://www.serendipityissweet.com/

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday to Bella, she is adorable.. Wonderful family photos, the kiddies are all so cute.. Sorry about your surgery, I hope you recover soon! Have a happy weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

congratulations on having family togetherness! adorable kids and i love that cake! hope you're spry as ever soon!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

This is such a wonderful to read post Liz! Your faith, hope and love never gave up and now you are seeing the miraculous! Your grandchildren (and children, and daughter in law) are all beautiful!

Hope you heal fully from your surgery.

Juliana said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful children!
& amazing photo-works! :)

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

Pauline said...

What beautiful photos, Liz. How happy you must be to have those grandbabies in your fold. Hope you now make good progress in the healing.

Lisa Gordon said...

Dearest Liz~~
I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and your family. Such a perfect gift for Christmas.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a bright and beautiful New Year, my friend. xo.

diane b said...

Sounds like good news. Great photos. Your udse of light is great. I like the shot of natty best.

Stewart M said...

Nice pictures, and also what would seem to be a great early Christmas present.

Hope you have a great Christmas.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...