Friday, February 15, 2013

Skywatch Friday: Sunset at O'Reilly's

A couple of months ago, we took at day trip to O'Reilly's Rainforest in the McPherson Range (part of the Scenic Rim).

I was really looking forward to photographing sunset. What appeared before me was rather interesting... I nearly went home after seeing that it was going to be rather misty over the mountains in the distance.





Photo bombed by a Crimson Rosella...

All of a sudden, the mist rolled in like smoke from a fire. At this stage I packed up my camera...

As I walked away, I took another glance over my shoulder. It looked at little more promising...

I thought it might clear even more...

Then the mist rolled in again...

And even more so...


It really was quite beautiful and nothing I'd ever experienced before.


Skywatch Friday

9 comments:

Carole M. said...

oh beautiful Liz; that combo of sunset and mist (and the rosella too).

TexWisGirl said...

what a neat experience! rather eerie. i loved your photo bomber. :)

Bas. said...

wat is dit mooi,om dat van zo dichtbij mee te maken.geweldig.

Janet said...

What a beautiful, colorful bird! Quite the contrast with the mist coming in. Great photography trip.

Anonymous said...

Quite beautiful, indeed! I'd have been engrossed in the view to even see the bird! LoL! =)

joy said...

What a nice sky photos:) my entry is from : willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com

FilipBlog said...

Great update of your header pictures Liz and also a good article.

Greetings,
Filip

Ross said...

Great pictures Liz! Don't you love it when a landscape teases you with a picture and you never quite know what your going to get!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Well, your patience really paid off. I've had the same experience... packed up the gear only to unpack later as the sky took on new color. These are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...