Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend Flowers: Delbard French Roses

Last Saturday, my Mum & I went to visit Oakhill Gallery in Mornington to see the "Seasons" exhibition in which she had 6 paintings (she has sold 4).

Behind the art gallery are the Mornington Botanical Rose Gardens which include hundreds of rose bushes. As roses are my favourite flowers, I was in awe of the size of these gardens, as well as the roses in it. I was particularly thrilled to find these beautiful Delbard French Roses (Painter's Collection), inspired by the great impressionist painters.

It was rather windy, so it was difficult to clearly macro these beautiful blooms.








Linking with:

             Macro Flowers Saturday badge 1                     blueberry craft and hobby time

12 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful roses, I really like the ones with two or more colors :)
thank you for linking with Flowers on Saturday!
I am your new follower now :)

LindyLouMac said...

What unusual roses, beautifully photographed.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Despite the wind and sun you have still captured their beauty Liz.

Unknown said...

My gosh how beautiful. I have never seen that kind of two colored roses.

Angela Häring-Christen said...

Oh yes, you have summer.
Wonderful roses.
Greetings from Switzerland
Angela

Giga said...

Kolorowe róże są niesamowite. Zdjęciom nic nie brakuje, są bardzo ładne. Pozdrawiam

Colorful roses are amazing. Images are not missing anything, they are very nice. Yours

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. Melbourne is a fantastic city to live, I am sure you will agree, having lived here yourself. Some Melbourne photos may be found in my Nixpages photoessays blog:

http://nixpages.blogspot.com/

Also these gorgeous rose photos that you have posted here coudl definitely go up in my Floral Fridays Fotos meme:

http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What amazingly lovely flowers!

Michael S-B said...

They really are quite amazing. And very well captured.

Nadege, said...

Wonderful shots, I love the double colored roses.

Modern Mom said...

These are lovely!

Okra Flowers

Tina´s PicStory said...

these roses are so lovely! thanks for joining us liz ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...